Saturday 8 January 2011

Tribute Show To Neil Diamond

A Neil Diamond tribute show on Saturday, January 8,at the Oshawa Legion Brance 43, 471 Simcoe Street South had been performed by Joey Purpura.

Joey Purpura is nowhere similar than Niel Diamond More like Patrick Swyaze, say fans.Several time he had been asked if he knows who he looks like, he says “As soon as I hear, \'do you know who you look like?’ I know they will want to tell me, Patrick Swayze, so I answer, Danny Devito?”

Born in Montreal, the 34-year-old was blessed with the gift of mimicry and was bestowed with the passion for music through his dad who played records and sang around the house, he says in a release.

“My dad sang constantly and I remember watching the thick 78-speed records he brought over from his native Italy spin on the turntable. I would sing along to those Italian songs... Soon I was singing all the time.”

His passion for singing had been seen in Oshawa as he performs a Neil Diamond tribute show.Purpura says he enjoys Diamond’s music because, “He’s a veritable troubadour. I have been amazed at how beloved he is. I had no idea.”

No comments: