Wednesday 12 August 2009

DVD and show to Diamond excited


Neil Diamond has accepted he feels like "an expectant father" as he waits for his new concert DVD to hurt the shops.
The singer's latest offering, Hot August Night/NYC, will be in Walmart stores in the US on Friday and a companion TV specific will air the same day and he can't wait.
"Basically I feel like an anticipant father and I'm just nervously sitting around the waiting room hoping that the baby is healthy and happy," the 68 year old said.
The DVD, filmed during Diamond's accomplishment at Madison Square Garden last summer, armpad more than two dozen songs including classics such as Sweet Caroline and Love On The Rocks.
Diamond said he wanted to make a agreement film for years and "just never got to it".
He finally decided to shoot a show in his native New York City. "There's something specfic when you play your hometown," he said. "It makes my felling that I haven't filmed antecedent tours, but I'm happy we got this one."
The television special includes extract from the DVD and pictures from Diamond's recent trip home.
Diamond said, "This is my first TV special in over 20 years, so I feel my heart beating a little faster. It's exciting,"

No comments: